Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse Totality in East Tennessee

It's been a while since I've posted...oops.  I should do better.  The eclipse was such a once in a lifetime event, it is worthy of a post.  We had a little viewing party at our lot.





 I made a viewer even though we had the glasses.  The geek in me, I guess.
And it worked.  Clearer in person.

 These were some great pics my local dentist made.
 It was so strange.  The sky got very dark, the crickets were chirping, and there was a 360 degree sunset.
 Totality was so awesome!  Like a black hole in the sky.  It was truly amazing.
After the inspiring display of the solar eclipse, a name came to me for my latest quilt.

CORONA

Isn't it perfect?  The husband didn't like it, but that is because he didn't research the eclipse to know that was what we saw at the point of totality.  I had a friend who said it reminded her of beer.  LOL...oh well, I liked it so it sticks. I'm thinking of putting this one in some shows.  I never think my work is good enough, but this one -- I think the visual impact will outweigh my less than perfect sewing.

No comments: