Sunday, February 21, 2016

'Yarn' ball

My quilting machine is down.  Something went wrong with the bobbin.  Weird how both of the two bobbin cases I have are not working.  I don't know if it is as simple as the no backlash spring wearing out or the cases are somehow warped.  Neither is working.  I put the bobbin in, and no matter how I loosen the tension spring, the thread will not flow freely out of it.  So, I've ordered a new bobbin case and extra spring -- $$$$.  Man, those things are expensive!

In the meantime, I've taken my skinny scraps and selvages and made a 'yarn' ball.  I just need a large crochet hook to make a rug.  I knitted the last one and really like it, but I'd like to try crochet this time so I can see the difference in the two and decide which I like best.


Do you cut your selvages off before you start cutting out a quilt?  I usually just cut them off each piece as I go.  Not anymore.  I am going to try to remember to cut them off first so I'll have some more nice long pieces to use in rugs.  It's a great way to use something normally tossed.

Our tie quilt was up today at church!  It is what our quilting group made from members' donations of ties.


It is hanging in one of the hallways in the upper atrium of our new addition.  The plan is to add some vinyl lettering above it, "Blessed Be The Tie That Binds."


No comments: