Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tension Troubles

I began having tension troubles on my long arm right in the middle of this little quilt.  I think I warped my two bobbin cases.  Ordered a new one and still had problems.  I was about ready to load up the machine and drive it to the dealer's in Atlanta.  They thought maybe I had gotten it out of timing and suggested I review the videos on the Gammill website, then they would try to walk me through correcting it.  Well, I did watch the videos.  Lots of them. And one showed me the error of my ways.  I feel kind of dumb even saying had the anti backlash spring in backwards on the bobbin case.  I still had to do some tension adjustments back on the machine once I got the bobbin thread flowing freely.  That appears to have been the problem.

Anyway, here is the little donation quilt finished....

Scraps....and yes some creamy whites along with the white whites.....that may or may not have been intentional.... :)

I used a little pantograph called Filagree.  I also machine bound it.  I think I'm getting better at it.

No comments: