Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quilting Magazines

Aren't they great? I love to look through the quilting magazines for inspiration. Having a quilt accepted for a magazine is a fabulous experience. However, you must have patience.  They work from about 9-12 months ahead so if you get one selected you won't see it in print for months....or even a year. I submitted my latest quilt - the shadow quilt, to Fons and Porter and they have selected it for one of the quilts in their fall 2016 issue of Easy Quilts. I'm really beside myself with excitement but it will be a whole year before my quilt is returned and I see it and my name in print.  So I'll just have to patiently wait.


This makes two for me.  My Edinburgh Square quilt is scheduled for McCall's Quick Quilts in spring 2016. One of the things I love about quilting is there is always a new goal to try for -- learn a new technique, make a really difficult quilt, design a block or quilt, or get one published.


No comments: