Saturday, September 27, 2014

Survivor

I had the pleasure of taking a friend to her chemo treatment yesterday. This women is amazing. Her story started 14 years ago with a breast cancer diagnosis. I believe she was about 38 years old at the time.

She has continued to work full time. She teaches a Sunday school class for children, just finished a masters degree (I think her second). She's had several surgeries and the cancer has come back time and time again. She will probably be on monthly chemo for the rest of her life. But what a life! She took the advice of her doctor years ago to not stop. Not stop working, not stop her involvement in activities, not stop seeing or being around friends, not stop living. She is the epitome of a survivor. My new hero.

I certainly had a renewed awareness and thankfulness for the wonder of life just by being around her. And speaking of life...I am so thankful for this little life. Pictures from Scotland......

 

No comments: