Friday, August 15, 2014

Pesto?!?

I made Pioneer Woman's pesto recipe tonight.

That big blender isn't worth a dime! I ended up using the small magic bullet blender. It was....interesting. I liked it pretty good but not sure what else I can use it with/on/in. I had a ton of fresh basil so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll have to check the Internet to find more recipes that use it.

I made her ciabatta bread, fresh mozzarella, tomato, pesto sandwich. It was pretty good, although I am not sure I'd make it again. I do love that bread though. In other news here is a picture of our newest kitty, Gray Beard. Jim is teaching him to mind. He isn't supposed to be in the house unless we say so. So he kind of sneaks across the threshold. He is a funny animal but we enjoy him. Jesse, not so much. I don't think they are fighting anymore but Jesse avoids him like the plague.

I'm still running and paddling. Did both today.

Tomorrow I hope to work on organizing the kids stuff up in the sewing room upstairs so I can get my sewing mojo back......maybe after I do a little more paddling. I have another new place I'd like to go on the board.

I finally heard from the kids. They are in their flat but it is pretty rough. Going to be a big adjustment. Emma did wonderful on the flights but is having a hard time adjusting to the time change. Emma doesn't sleep well, neither do mamma and daddy. Prayers going up for them.

 

No comments: