Sunday, February 2, 2014

Maverick stars

Love, love love these wonky stars. Found this free pattern on Quiltville.com. I keep my scraps and you can imagine after making over 130 quilts I have a LOT of scraps. I thought about purchasing a block of the month to keep me working on something interesting, but really didn't want to pay the price for one. This little pattern is a perfect block of the month project for me. I want to make it a queen size bed quilt so it will take me a while. The blocks finish at 6 1/2 inches square.

I love that you just separate your lights from darks and randomly place the little crumb pieces for the star points. I love that you can make them as wonky as you want and you don't have to worry about matching them. And of course, I love that I am going to have a new bed quilt using scraps from all my projects -- batiks, thirties, florals, solids, shirt pieces, baby fabric-- you name it, it is in there!

So......so much for cleaning up my sewing room yesterday...ha ha.

If I make 20 of these a month, in a year I'll have enought for a nice bed size quilt. Stay tuned, I think it will be beautiful.

 

No comments: