Friday, August 30, 2013

Clever idea....and faux bias binding

I've been meaning to post this clever idea...

Use a canning lid to trace around a milk or juice carton spout. Cut it out.

Attach it to the jar with the canning ring. Great idea. As you can see I use it for our honey.

I finished the quilting on this little beauty tonight and am trying to decide on the binding fabric.

The plaid on the left has the true colors of the quit. The stripe on the right has a blue and green, neither of which are in the quilt. However, the mix of the two colors looks like the turquoise in the quilt. Decisions, decisions. Actually I think either one will look good. I've been buying up bias plaids and stripes whenever I see them. I love the look of a bias binding but I don't like cutting them on the bias. For these, you just cut them straight, but you get that great bias look for your binding.

 

No comments: