Saturday, June 22, 2013

Organization tips

Most of my week off has been spent in organizing and cleaning. Two things I enjoy doing. I must not be that great at organizing because I find I have to take a day here and there to get myself organized. It is worth it to me. There is something about a clean organized home. It is peaceful and stress free.

There is a ton of info out there in blog land about organizing closets. I choose to keep my shoe boxes and mark them with a sharpie, stack them on the top shelf of my closet. The discipline is putting them back in their boxes after wearing. Simple, but it works and looks very organized.

I even have a box for running stuff. It holds my runners watch, foot powder, sport bag for carrying my clothes to the workout center, my running belt, race numbers and medals, and stretch bands. I don't put my running shoes in their box. I let them air out on the shelf.

When we built the house we had enough foresight to build in a spice rack. But I cook a lot. A lot. So I added a middle shelf and connected it to the existing rack with wire. The hubby had the bright idea of marking what each bottle was with a sharpie on the top.

One cleaning tip you've probably heard is to put your shower head in vinegar to dissolve the hard water deposits. Mine is dissolving as I type.

The hubby is traveling homeward from his big northern fishing trip. He has had a great time, and I have as well, cleaning, organizing, and NOT cooking. However, tonight I am cooking in preparation for his arrival tomorrow. I am making a favorite chocolate cake, to go with his welcome home meal of meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and slaw. I cooked my favorite creamed spinach and roasted veggies tonight for myself. I plan to make the homemade granola cereal he likes and I've even got him some Moose Tracks ice cream, another of his favorites. I've made sweet tea and the fridge is full. Think I've missed him? Just a bit! You know what they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

 

2 comments:

quiltluvr said...

I saw someone on TV organizing their shoes and they took a picture of their shoes and put them on the box. Labeling is easier but thought I would share that with you.

Rachel said...

That's a good idea too!