Friday, June 14, 2013

Hard work

I've spent the day doing some hard work, but I love it. The hubby left this morning for his annual northern fishing trip and I have a few days off to do my favorite things.......clean, organize, sew, projects. Today, while my kitchen backsplash was being finished (pictures to follow) I washed four bed quilts, two sets of sheets, a mattress cover, all my throw rugs (7), freshened up two mattresses using baking soda and a few drops of lavender, and cleaned up the big dusty mess from the tile job.....

Love this white subway tile!

He has to come back and caulk the bottom and top edges. It wasn't bad before, but the white brightened it up and just has that old-timey look that I like.

Before

After

Before

And now after...

In the after pictures I didn't turn the under cabinet lights on because it made such a glare. but without those lights on the old tile, it was very,very dark. Our handyman also replaced three light fixtures today. Yay! Now we can see in the garage and the laundry room. The old fluorescent fixtures went kaput.

There will also be some sewing and quilting this week. I put this little one on the machine and am doing some custom quilting on it.

 

No comments: