Friday, September 7, 2012

Three projects

I have so enjoyed this afternoon of sewing. My friend and I discussed today how much joy sewing brings. It is a stress reliever, but you also get to create with your hands, and have something beautiful/functional when you are finished. I thought of the Proverbs 31 woman.

Her lamp does not go out at night.
19She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her hands hold the spindle.
20She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy.
21She is not afraid of snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed in scarlet. [6]
22She makes bed coverings for herself;


Bed coverings.......quilts. I like that.
I finished the quilting on project one; still have to hand sew the binding down. In the background you can see the "match stick" pieces I am working on for project two. I've got about 70 made. Need 74 more before I can put them together for the blocks. Then below is my progress on the paper piecing, project three. I have to say, this isn't my natural style of piecing but I am really enjoying it.



I figured out about how many I need and was auditioning some more of the civil war fabrics I have for the strips. I am leaning toward piecing the strips in sections so I can use lots of the different fabrics.

No comments: