Saturday, October 29, 2011

Homemade Ravioli Review

It wasn't quite what I was expecting.

The filling seemed yummy.  Ricotta, parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, spinach, a bit of chicken. But the wonton wrappers cooked up a bit larger than what I was expecting.


And it was a bit of trouble to lay them out, brush with egg wash, and seal/

Only took them about 3 minutes to cook, but I was supposed to only cook 4 at a time.  I did more like 6-8 at a time.


However, with the marinara sauce on them, they were pretty good.  Will the hubby like them? My guess is no, because they don't have enough meat in them.  Will I make them again?  I am thinking not.  I would rather go to the trouble of using my own pasta recipe with the ravioli maker, that I've never used. They should end up smaller and look like real ravioli if I use it.  But, this was great practice.

No comments: