Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Fall Cooking

I love living in Tennessee where we have four great seasons.  I've enjoyed staying inside most of the day cooking.  Maybe there will be time for sewing later on this evening. I made some marinara sauce (recipe under the tab).  Tomato based pasta has never been my favorite, however, this stuff is really good!  My plan is to make some homemade ravioli tomorrow using won ton wrappers to go with it. (found the recipes on The Pioneer Woman's blog)
This week is going to be very busy and will probably include several nights of overtime at work, so I've made a big pot of Minnesota wild rice chicken soup, a couple of loaves of homemade bread, an almond pound cake, and rather than throwing a couple of overripe bananas away, I made some banana bread.

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

So what recipe do you use for your wild rice soup? I eat it all the time when we're dining out at home but haven't ever fixed it myself.