Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Older Quilts

Since I am going to be a guest blogger on quiltinggallery in the next few days, I thought I would post some of my older quilts. This is still a favorite, called Rachel's baskets (how appropriate!).  One of my firsts.  Funny how a quilt attracts a cat. I hand quilted the baskets, got tired of that, and machine quilted the log cabin blocks.  I'm not much about following the "quilting" rules.

This is a sweet little thing I made for our bathroom.

This was made from a block of the month. I think it was called American Heritage.


And here is a block of the month called Back to Nature that I did last year.  I made the pillow shams to match using Heather Mulder Peterson's pattern.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your quilts are absolutely beautiful! There was not one quilt on your blog that I did not love! I had just been looking at your Carpenter star quilt and went to the site to get the pattern. I love it!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful just read you guest blog , wow you have been very busy in such short space of time . Your quilts are wonderful look forward to see more of your work
Hugs Bec

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I just read your guest post. Love the term "green quilter." Green quilts are my favorites. So sweet of you to make quilts for wives from their husband's shirts. I offered to make one for my friend, when she's able to part with her husband's shirts.