Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dry Thread

Yes, dry thread.  That was the cause of all my problems on the machine last night and today.  I should have known.  It has happened before.  The spool of thread was less than a year old but it does get hot up in my sewing room. This is the little chair quilt I was trying to make for my friend. 
I bet I had it on and off the machine about 3 times. Tried to quilt it on my little one, but that was unsuccessful.  After my mom mentioned the thread may be my problem, I changed to another color and it worked, but this was after I already had the straight lines stitched on the little machine.  I just hope it will work for my friend's husband, and will keep his head cool when he is in his leather recliner.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thanks for this information. I have some thread that I keep having problems with, and this may be why.