Thursday, March 10, 2011

Three Weddings

I have three weddings in the next two and a half months.  So that means.......three quilts.  I usually don't sew during the week but this week I have had several nights of sewing.  I was able to finish this one.  I had the hardest time trying to find fabric for the border; ended up ordering some in the same line.  I'm not crazy about it, but it does look better in person than in this picture.
I also got the blocks sewn together on this (4th) shirt quilt.  I hope to find some border fabric for it tomorrow at the Quilt Show in Pigeon Forge.  I have decided it will go to one of the young couples. 
I am auditioning colors for the border.  I like the color of my recliner with it!  That is probably the color that would have looked best on the Smokey Mountain Star shirt quilt I finished recently.  By the way, we are going to donate that one to Jim's office in a March of Dimes fund raiser. Jim wanted me to make one for the event and since I had three I really wanted to make for these weddings, he agreed to give up the one I had just made for him.

No comments: