Monday, January 17, 2011

Same Shirts, second quilt

I still have so much fabric left from the shirts, I am trying to do another quilt using (again) a Bonnie Hunter pattern - you can get this free from her website, www.quiltville.com.  It is called "Bricks and Stepping Stones".  Even the small 4-patch blocks are made from Elijah's favorite pale teal colored shirt and a gray one he didn't wear much.  The other pieces are cut into bricks 3 1/2 x 6 1/2.  Here are the blocks so far just laid out together. I only lack four more then I will be ready to sew them in rows.


Elijah and Katie were home for a quick visit (he preached yesterday morning). I think they liked the shirt quilt.  He left it here because I am thinking of entering it in the Pigeon Forge quilt show.  I think I am going to like this one too.

No comments: