Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Rule

Typically I spend 12 hours a day working/commuting, so I have a rule that says, "Don't sew on nights when you have to go to work the next day."  I am such a night person that I could easily end up sewing until midnight and not even realize it.  Getting up at 4:45 am  would then be so hard on this night person.

But tonight, I just couldn't help it.  I am in love with this quilt top.  To me, it says...tradition.... prairie.... homemade....and Elijah.  I am enthralled with making something useful and/or beautiful out of normal "throwaway" items such as old worn-out, out-grown, shirts.

So here is another picture of the #2 Shirt Quilt.  I've got four rows put together.  Only have four more to do, then it is ready for the borders and the quilting machine.  I want to have it ready by Friday to go pick the fabric for the border and backing. I love the way the plaids are kind of skewed, I love the buttery softness of some of the well worn fabric, I love the mixed up mess of different plaids, stripes, and the one lone solid fabric.....it is just so.......traditional.

No comments: