Thursday, July 15, 2010

Shirts

This is absolutely so much fun!  I've cut up three of my son's shirts.  He didn't have any really light, like white, shirts in the bunch, but he had several light blue.  I've decided these will be all I need for the light in my blocks.  I also decided to allow the quilt to really be authentic, to let some of the blocks show the labels.  Most are evidently wovens so the front and back sides are the same.  I'll have a block with an "old navy" label on it, one with a "duck head" label.  I've even started not ripping out the front pockets and will let the pocket seam be included in a block.  And another thing......(I really am not very semtimental), some of them have the very faintest smell of his cologne...they just remind me of the man my son has become. I am loving this project.

No comments: