Friday, July 23, 2010

Denim

I've taken a break from cutting up shirts and started a denim quilt.  Special thanks to my "sponsors": My son for his 5 pair of old, outgrown, faded jeans; my husband for his worn out fishing jeans; the rather large (size 50) gentleman who donated his Wranglers to Goodwill; and the matronly woman (won't tell the size) who donated her dark jeans to Goodwill. I wanted to get a good variation of shades, so that is why I purchased the two from Goodwill.  To make lighter strips, I turned some of the strips inside out.  It'll work, just you wait and see! See my first 9 patch block in the pile.  Those will soon turn to 9 patches and split rail blocks.  Stay tuned! And don't worry E, I am not putting Goodwill shirts in your shirt quilt; it will be strictly your very own shirts.

No comments: