Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A lesson in bass

Since I had my first home cooked bass a couple of weeks ago, I've been more than anxious to go bass fishing with my avid fisherman husband.  He prefers catch and release, so he isn't fond of the idea of bringing them home.  I've convinced him that if we could just eat our bass once a month I'd be happy.  Well, he fished last night and the poor fish perished (not by his choice), so tonight....I had my first lesson in filleting a bass and cooking it to perfection.  Yum, Yum.
After he showed me how to fillet it using the electric knife, he sprinkled a little Lowery's seasoning on it, dipped it in white cornmeal and fried it in some oil.  His single two-pound fish was enough for each of us to have two decent fillets.  It was wonderful (of course the fried potatoes and onions, white beans, and peas complimented it well!).  Thanks hubby!

No comments: