Saturday, May 15, 2010

Englewood

My mom and I took a trip to Englewood today.  It is a tiny little town where both she, and my dad grew up.  We were returning a QOV quilt I finished recently. It was a nice trip.  Had lunch at the Tellico Junction cafe and met new friends Beth and Gene.  We made a couple of stops to see Mom's two sisters, neither of which is in very good health, but both with good attitudes. We stopped by a little fabric shop, Katy's Fabrics, in the center of town. It has been there 45 years. We also visited the Englewood Museum. Among all the historical pictures and items is a picture of my dad in a little wagon.  The sign on the front of the wagon says, 1926.  He was 8 years old. Englewood was the home of various sewing factories back in the day.  I saw where both my grandmothers lived, but I would not have recognized either place.  Funny, how it all looked so much smaller than what I remember....

1 comment:

Pam said...

Rachel,
So glad you enjoyed your day!