Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Flying Squirrel


My friends on facebook have already seen this pic. This is a flying squirrel our cat, Jesse, brought in the house last night. It was fascinating. Jim managed to catch it in a dish towel in the laundry room, but not until after it "flew" or jumped from one shelving unit to another. We put it on the screened porch and it stayed a few hours. It was gone this morning (we propped the door to the deck opened). We read about how you can make them pets and they form bonds with their owners, and even will sleep in your pocket! I was so proud of Jesse, that he didn't maim or kill it, but just brought it in to show us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your flying squirrel made me remember when we went to see the kids for Katie's b'day her mall had people selling "sugar bears" near her Starbucks. They looked similar to your squirrel but are marsupials and you carry them around in your pocket or a little pouch they sell to wear on your body. They were so cute and I really wanted to get one!

If you every get one I would be so jealous. :)

When I got home I looked them up on the internet and they are pretty involved in keeping as a pet. I think a flying squirrel would be easier.

I think it would be so fun!

Rachel said...

Yes, Charla, I agree. They would be so fun and cute! I've had a few people tell me about having pet flying squirrels. My aunt used to have one they kept in the house.