Friday, December 18, 2009

finished




I've been working all afternoon and evening on the Thangles quilt. Got it finished, bound, washed and dried. Just put it on the bed. After all my complaining about the quilting, which I am still not that happy with it, the overall look is good. What do you think? You can click on the stitching picture to get a closer look. I've learned a whole lot on this quilt. #1 my quilting machine is maxed out at a 13 inch reach. which means you can't fill a 19 inch block in one pass, #2 better check the length before you decide you are going to reload it to do the borders (barely fit on the machine), and #3 if you are not really good at free hand draw your designs first on the blocks before you try it free hand.

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Absolutely beautiful!!