Saturday, June 16, 2018

Busy, busy weekend!

I made my second farmhouse tray using leftover wood from my king bed project of a couple years ago.  I am in love with these trays.


Finished up the One Block Wonder from the panels purchased at Handcock's.
From this:

To this:


My younger running friend talked me into a 5k race today.  It was so hot and humid.  Thought I was dying.
 She beat me by about 7 minutes and then came back out to run to the finish with me.  Sweet friend!  She was encouraging me to keep it up!
 She won first in her age group, her little boy won first in his age group.  And I got second in mine. Well, actually first, but they gave the first place medal to a woman who didn't do the whole race. I don't know if she didn't realize she didn't do the whole race, or she did and cheated.  They did not have volunteers directing people on the race path, so I'll assume she just didn't know.
Later, fixed a healthy supper for me and the hubs.  He's got to watch his sugar, and I need to watch my cholesterol. Salmon, roasted veggies, brown rice.
Then, because all my sewing is done and I have projects galore waiting on me, and because it was too hot to work outside, I started on the chalk paint dining room project.  Love it so far, but it is going to take me a while.  These chairs have a lot of nooks and crannies and they will take 2-3 coats plus the polycrylic finish.
The chairs are not antiques, but reproductions made in China.  I like them, but wanted to update and give a fresh look for our new home.  Of course, not spending money on furniture (except for paint) was the best motivation to do this project. Can't wait until it is done.

And, I think this is the coolest thing ever......a good friend of ours sent us this picture, taken by his drone. Our new home site.  Footers are poured and everything is ready for the blocks to be laid next week.




No comments: