Monday, May 14, 2018

News, berries, and old trucks

They aired the segment on my granddaughter meeting Prince Harry.  If you'd like to see it, here is a link.

Today was all about strawberries.  The hubs and I drove to Spring City to get some fresh picked.

All this plus two strawberry parfaits, two containers sliced with sugar, and three bags of cut up frozen berries -- all that from one flat of berries!

I also want to share/document this truck.  Interesting back story here.  My dad purchased this truck for my brother from a government surplus sale in Oak Ridge in 1973 for $300.  It was a 1962 model Dodge panel van.  Sometime later he sold it to the uncle of one of my brother's school mates.  The uncle lived in Ohio, took it there, and totally refurbished it. It won awards.  The uncle recently died at age 93, and his nephew, my brother's school mate, inherited it.  It has come full circle back to our little town.  But wow -- what a cool truck it is now!






I think it's so neat.  I actually hated this truck!  I had to drive it when I first learned to drive.  My dad and brother had painted it yellow!  Yes, yellow, painted with a brush!  So, you can imagine how embarrassed 16 year old me was to drive it.  Ha!


If any of you are old truck/history enthusiasts, enjoy!

3 comments:

Statguy said...

That is neat. But I don't see a gear shift. Push button, maybe?

Rachel said...

Yes, it had push buttons on the left side of the steering wheel.

Unknown said...

I remembering driving it my senior year of high school (72-73). It was the "party" van occasionally. Brings back memories.