Friday, February 9, 2018

Traveling Abroad

Time for another visit across the pond to see the grands.  So, I'm off to Scotland!  It's been a great week.  My son finished all his work, defended his dissertation, and has achieved the status of Dr.  I am so proud of him my heart wants to burst.  Evidently he did outstanding on the defense.  He has some strong job leads, which I know relieves a lot of his stress.  Emma, my granddaughter was in nursery, when her Momma and brother met Daddy for lunch to celebrate.

 Another celebration will be held tomorrow for this little beauty.....she turns 4.  Hard to believe.  She had a little party with friends today.

It included playing on the playground, watching trains go by, and a hike to the castle.

We will celebrate her a actual birthday tomorrow.  Mamaw has some presents in her luggage!  She told her momma she wanted haggis for her birthday meal.  Seriously?  She is a true Scottish lass.  Actually, all the family love it.  My son is so picky, if he likes it, I'm sure I will.  I'm excited about trying it.  She told me she would share her birthday cake with me, too.  I'm sitting in Newark as I type, awaiting the last long leg of this trip.  I hope to make it in time to wake her and brother up in the morning......

On the quilting front, I am working on a pretty unique quilt for a magazine.  They sent me the fabric and I think I've got the layout about as good as I can make it. Tentatively it is set to be published in a late fall issue.  I'll wait until I know for sure they like it before I say too much.  Like I said it is rather unique.
Here's a sneak peak.....



No comments: