Friday, January 12, 2018

Home project

The hubby is away in warm Florida fishing for two weeks.  He is missing all this nasty cold weather. I normally do a project while he is gone.  This time I didn't really have any plans.  I did take a big load of stuff to the KARM store. I've been doing lots of research on cabinets, counters, windows, doors, appliances, paint, tile, ...you name it.  Anything to do with building a new home.  I've decided I want some kind of privacy glass in our front door.  Let's light in but distorts the image from the outside. A friend told me about some vinyl stuff you can put on glass.  Easy to apply and remove.  Thought I would try some out.
 Before....
After...

Not a huge difference but I like it.  My cabinets are just too messy for clear glass.  We use these for all the dishes we use. This is definitely an option to consider when picking glass for a front door or new kitchen cabinets.  I think I've picked my counters.
 This is a Quartz by LG called Aria.  The overall look is very light but a little warm.  It has whites, creams, beige, grey, greige, black and some tiny little blue glass bits in it. I am hoping it will look good with a creamy white cabinet.

 One of the things I do better at when the hubby is gone, is eating.  I've been trying to lose about 5 pounds for 5 months. I am logging all my food in My Fitness Pal.  Not sure what I've suddenly started doing different, but this month, it happened.  I lost over 4 pounds this month for a total of 5.8. I am happy about that and may try to drop 2-3 more.  I have been trying to get in my required steps at least 5 or 6 days a week. Cooking more low carb recipes, not eating bread like I used to.  Still eating my sweets. I'm into Harney and Sons Earl Grey tea right now.  So yummy with a tsp of sugar and half and half cream.

I hope to sew a little while Jim is gone.  It will probably be too cold to do much else tomorrow.  Hopefully I can stay off the internet and get some sewing done.

1 comment:

Jan said...

As much as I love my hubby, I really appreciate his business trips! I look forward to those days when the TV gets turned off, anything-but-country music plays all day and I get those things checked off my to-do lists.

Sadly, those things I really love to do (quilting and reading) never seem to get done when he's away. Too many other things to do.

How exciting to be choosing all those elements of your new home. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Jan