Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Cambridge, England

I'm in Cambridge this week!  My son has a temporary job with Cambridge University until the end of February, then they will move back to Edinburgh.  Thinking it was time for a visit to see my grands, I came out on Feb. 11th.  Thank you Delta for a great flight here. I got here only one day after her third birthday. This cutie is definitely my girl....
I hadn't seen little brother since he was only three weeks old.

His momma describes him as the "dream baby."  He is so happy and eats and sleeps wonderfully.

We went on an outing the other day to see the sights.  First up the Mathematical Bridge.  Here's a little history on it...The bridge was designed by William Etheridge, and built by James Essex in 1749. It has been rebuilt on two occasions, in 1866 and in 1905, but has kept the same overall design. Although it appears to be an arch, it is composed entirely of straight timbers[3] built to an unusually sophisticated engineering design, hence the name.

 Next up, through the opening in one of the buildings of Trinity College below, is the courtyard where it is said an apple tree grows from a seed of the apple tree with the famed apple which dropped in 1666 and prompted Sir Issac Newton to develop his theory of gravity.
 Below is the clock in downtown Cambridge.  I think the bug on top is some kind of grasshopper.
 And a statue of Henry the 8th,who founded King's College.
I've done a lot of playing here too.....Emma and I have spent a lot of time at the swing set in the garden behind their flat.
 And we raced scooters.....
 My girl and her beautiful eyes.....
Precious little Haddon.....

On Valentine's Day I kept the kids while my son and daughter in law did a day trip to London.  I enjoyed it, and they did too.  They never get a day/night out to themselves.
I even got a chance to get in a four mile run today.  It was perfect.  Found a great place to run, didn't get lost (which is always nice) and saw lots of new sights.


...but this is why I am here.....

I think we are going to do a day trip to London a couple of days before I head home.  I am looking forward to that......there might be another picture overload post!

1 comment:

karmed said...

الان لدى شركة البدر الاولى المتخصصة فى تركيب قرميد منازل وعمائر تقدم لكم افضل العروض والخصومات على كافة انواع القرميد تواصلوا معنا الان من خلال زيارة موقعنا الالكترونى
http://www.brickksa.com/