Saturday, March 26, 2016

There is always something to learn.....

I am amazed at the information we have available to us at the touch of a keyboard.  The hubby and I have been entertaining the idea of selling our home and building.  I'm not convinced that is the right thing to do yet, and am trying all I can to make our home as comfortable and efficient as possible.....I am the frugal one in the marriage. Building just doesn't seem too frugal to me.

Anyway, he has been wanting a king size bed.  I mean after all, we have two 17 pound cats that like to sleep with us.  I get it, but I've been reluctant. I didn't think I'd be able to make a quilt big enough on my machine.  Silly reason, I guess.  I did the measuring and I think I can.  I haven't found a bed I like except this one....


(photo courtesy of thebumpercrop.wordpress.com)

This is a DIY by Ana White.  I want to make it so bad.  I am going to try.



Here is our current bedroom with minor changes to make more room for a king.  The bed will come over in front of the windows about 8 inches on either side.  I don't think I'll mind. The room is plenty big for a king, but the windows are perfect for a queen, not king.

All this yapping to say, isn't it amazing that you can get the plans, see how to videos, and read all the comments from folks who have made this bed -- all on the internet?  There is always something to learn. I love learning how to do new stuff......

No comments: