Monday, April 20, 2015

Paddle board

Last year I started a new hobby of paddle boarding. We just now figured out a way to hang it in the garage. The hubby and I bought some brackets to get the paddle board off the garage floor. We didn't raise it up but about 18". I was afraid if we put it higher, I wouldn't be able to put it up by myself.
It rests in front of a framed cut out in the wall that houses our hot water heater. I still want to put a couple of hooks in the wall above it to hang my roof rack bag and some straps.
But getting it off the floor is really good.
We worked around the house today, trying to clean up the garages. We still have a long way to go. Another thing we did today was hang a retractable clothes line. I've had it for over ten years (found it in the garage!). It extends at a diagonal across the screened porch, which is a little awkward, but I wanted a place to hang some things no matter what the weather is. I just pull the cord across the porch to a hook. When it isn't in use, it is hardly noticeable.

I've still got so much to do outside, besides getting the garage in shape --- power wash the pollen off the furniture and the porch floors, plant herbs and flowers, pull some weeds......I usually get a lot done when the husband goes on his annual fishing trip. I need to start making my list of to-do's.

No comments: