Friday, October 24, 2014

Skin care

I wish I would have started much of these sooner. Thought I'd share my face care routine.

I do a weekly baking soda, lavender, water light scrub. You won't believe how wonderful your face feels after this. I put about a tablespoon of baking soda in my hand, add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil, and some water to make a slightly thin mixture. It exfoliates great without being too abrasive. Twice a day I use my essential oil face blend I made, (heavy at night) sunscreen (in the mornings), then a pat of Cetaphil lotion around my eyes. This is before my makeup or at night before bed.

I've been collecting essential oils for a few years now. This is a great deal from Spark Naturals. The essential 4 pack. Lavender, lemon, peppermint, and melaleuca in 15 ml bottles for $49.99. Yes, they are expensive but have so many uses and last a very long time. It comes with a card to explain all the uses. Melaleuca cured a toenail fungus I had a few years ago (a gift from a pedicure!), and the only thing that worked! It took months but so worth it. Sometimes it is called tea tree oil.

I claim to be a low maintenance kind of girl because I don't color my hair, get manicures, pretty nails or pedicures (rarely), but I will spend money on essential oils for all kinds of heath and skin care ---headaches, muscle aches, allergies, colds, fungus, sleep aid, face care. I'd encourage readers to at least try lavender and melaleuca. So many uses for them!

 

No comments: