Friday, October 17, 2014

Interesting history

I'd heard the story before. My grandfather invented some type of telegraph to transmit pictures by wire. The year was 1908. He wrote the patent office and they replied that they knew of no use for it. Below is his letter and their reply. He never followed up with having his invention patented.

Here are a couple of newspaper articles years later (1931 and 1966), where this new invention was introduced and used! Interesting to note that he invented this at least 20 years before someone else did and patented it!

In the above photo, it is in the bottom part about a telephoto picture of a Tennessee volunteer football game.

Then this last article.....

This same grandfather carved this monument.....

...my son asked for a picture of the letters today. He wants to use them in a sermon illustration. I'd love to hear what he has in mind. Just thought I'd share a bit of history.

In other news...wasn't it a beautiful day?

I logged some miles today.

I also finished the quilting on the baby quilt. Should have some pictures tomorrow.

 

No comments: