Monday, June 9, 2014

Emma visit

I got to visit my grandbaby and babysit her a little this weekend. Bear with me, all of you......this is the most precious child ever. She smiles so much. Wakes up smiling. I even had her laughing. There are no words to express how much I love her.

I know other grandparents feel the same. It is amazing, isn't it? That love.

She will be four months old tomorrow. They plan on moving to Scotland in the fall, so I know my time to visit with her is limited. I thought I might get teary leaving her, but I really didn't expect to have free falling tears before I even left their apartment.

She slept in my arms during church. Ahh. Precious. Then later she fell asleep in my arms after her bottle. I put her down for a little bit, she woke up again, had a bit more lunch, then back to asleep again. When I left we had put her in her Mamaroo (moving lounge seat type thing). I looked over at her and the tears started. My son smiled but looked at me like I was nuts. I am. Nuts over her.

I left a bit later than planned, but thought I could still get back before dark. I could have, except I did a very dumb thing. Locked my keys in my car at a gas station. Thank goodness for AAA! And the sweet ladies at the station who let me call my son long distance (to get the AAA number and our account number), because of course my card and phone were also locked in the car. That and some construction traffic caused a four and a half hour trip to turn into an almost six hour trip.

....but I have so much to be thankful for. Today, I start my week long staycation. And before I get to my list of to-do's I am taking a few minutes to relish the weekend, and count my blessings.

 

No comments: