Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Confetti Quilt

I started with some instructions I found at Lady Harvatine's blog, but since I am not much of a rules follower, I just kind of did my own thing.  I like the way some of the squares are wonky.  When I saw this, I had it in mind to hang outside above our swing.  It is so colorful and artsy.  I want to quilt circles on it, but I'll have to do some internetting to find some inspiration....
I could see this as a baby quilt, or even a summery bed quilt. All from scraps.



I tried a new recipe for supper tonight.  Shrimp cakes with mango salsa.  Yum.  Really good, but a whole lot of trouble. Probably won't make them again unless I use a food processor to do all the chopping. We had them with fresh corn, green beans and tomatoes.  I'm with recipes kind of like I am with quilting.  I love to try new things.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

What a cute little quilt.