Thursday, June 21, 2012

Riverside Grill

Jim and I went to a Receiving of Friends tonight at the funeral home in a neighboring town. It was very sad. My friend's husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last November. Even with rigorous treatments he lasted less than seven months. My heart breaks for his widow. They had no children and were married about 33 years. She and I worked together about 25 years. So very sad, even knowing he was a believer and she, as a believer, will see him again one day....but for now she is left here, and her heart is breaking.

On the way home we stopped at a little local grill. We had never eaten there. They had live music, which was a little old man and what appeared to be his wife. They were cute and he did have a voice much like Willy Nelson. I inconspicuously tried to get their picture.

 

They were missing a guitar player. They called themselves the Double Nickel band, because they were over 55 ( I think by about 15 years!)

 

No comments: