Thursday, January 26, 2012

Textured Photo on Stretched Canvas

I don't know what this technique is called.  I tried it tonight.
 You start with Mod Podge, a craft brush, tissue paper, and a stretched canvas. And of course a photo on your computer to print.
 You cut the tissue paper a little bigger than a piece of printer paper, and then tape it to the paper on the back side.  Feed your paper through your printer so the image will print on the tissue paper.




Since I was making mine 5 x 7 size I printed two different photos on one sheet.










Carefully cut the tissue paper away from the printer paper.










Paint a coat of the Mod Podge onto the canvas; place the tissue paper on top of the wet Mod Podge; slowly and ever so gently smooth the tissue paper down. Or as I did, pat it down.  (I wasn't so gentle the first time and tore the tissue paper)
Then you have a textured photo canvas!

No comments: