Thursday, January 12, 2012

Photography Tips

I get a weekly email with digital photography tips.  I love reading it and looking at the pictures.  This week, it challenged its readers to do a 15 minute photography exercise "to improve your photography in 2012"....I had 15 minutes so, I did it.  Well, I tried to do it.

Start by selecting a setting (living room). Observe it for 10 minutes.  You are to just study the room, what would make a good picture, how the lighting is, what angles might work for interesting photos, look for details, etc. I think I made it about 3 minutes. Sorry, I'm a little hyper or impatient, or both.
After your 10 minutes of observation, you shoot pictures for 5. I probably did about 3 minutes worth.  These were my favorites.

It was an interesting exercise.  There is so much to learn about photography.  It forces you to pay more visual attention to everything.  I like that.

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I love photography too... Can wait to take my new camera on our next trip.

I like the texture I see in the lamp.