Friday, July 15, 2011

Bummer....

Well, 5 out of 6 jars of dills didn't seal. However, when I barely touched the tops to check them, they popped down.  Hummm.....I wonder if you can taste botulism?  I now don't know which one did seal properly.  Oh well, not sure what I am going to do with the spears now.  Also, I worried a bit about the jam.  They sealed fine (I did a water bath on them) but they seemed very runny last night.  I checked the box of sure-gel and it expired in 2010!  However, this morning they had thickened up a bit.  I think they will be ok.

I hope to get back to my 9-patch today.  I don't have much to do to get the top finished; just sew together a few more rows, put the rows together, and sew on the borders.  I plan to do some fancy custom quilting on it.  Right now, I plan to do a 2 inch white on white border and then a 6 inch cream border.  I"ll have to see if that looks ok.  But first - chores, laundry, and groceries....yuck, I'd rather be quilting.

No comments: