Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Need decorating help

Every couple of years, I want to re-do the look of our bedroom.  I just can't seem to get it the way I want it.  I like lots of decorating styles, but my favorite seem to be the simpler styles with straight lines, fewer "things".  I love the style of quilt designer, Heather Peterson.  Her photos of her home are beautiful. I don't have her great mission style furniture, but what do you think?  If I paint the lamps dark (black, brown, charcoal) use shades in dark red, or green, take down the valances, put up some colorful decor above the bed, and maybe above the windows, with no window treatments other than the blinds, make some stiff shams to coordinate with the quilt, and then some solid color pillow cases in the dark red or green....will it be what I am looking for?  I want something that I can easily, and inexpensively, change with whatever quilt I want to use on the bed, but still look "decorated".  Suggestions for accessories to tie it together?? (please excuse the "nest" on hubby's side of the room.). I might even paint the room again.  If I do, I want to go with a neutral beigy/tan.  Something to contrast with the trim, but will go with more quilts.

Before

After
????????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Listening to what you want it to look like, i think I might remove the headboard and make a simple upholstered headboard. I did that in my room and simplified the room a lot.