Friday, December 17, 2010

Quiltathon

Except for a couple of hours at the Walmart for groceries today, I have been at my machine quilting the ''monster" civil war quilt.  I finally finished this evening and after supper started the binding.  I have gotten two sides done, but my fingers and wrists are getting sore. I should get it finished tomorrow, then I'll post a picture.

I am glad that my custom quilting mistakes really don't bother me much.  And I am glad that I tackled it with custom quilting, even though I am not thrilled with the results, but I've learned a lot in doing so.  The imperfections only make it truly my work.

I think what helps me to not worry about the quality of my work, is looking at my grandmother's and my mother-in-law's quilts.  They are not perfect, but functional, beautiful, and made with loving hands. That is my goal for my work.

No comments: