Sunday, March 28, 2010

Busy Weekend

The kids were here for a short visit.  They got here Friday evening, got to eat with us last night and Elijah preached at Grace church this morning.  I so enjoyed their visit.  I got a picture of them before they left.  Aren't they so cute!
I am treating them to a beach vacation with me in June and we all are so excited!  It will just be three nights.  I've been unable to get the "girls" to commit to a beach vacation and it turned out that Elijah and Katie are going to have a few days off so it worked out great. I'll take my sewing, read my books, and they can do whatever they want.  I love my son and DIL so much! Jim can't do the beach (because of his polio disability - walking in sand is almost impossible), and he plans to fish that week anyway, so it works out for all of us.I am looking forward to getting away from work and getting to enjoy the beach.

I also got some sewing done this weekend. Made labels for two quilts, finished my March Civil War BOM, and finished quilting a baby quilt. I am really unhappy with the baby quilt.  It just didn't turn out as well as I hoped.  I am going to make a different one for my boss's new baby.  This will go to someone else.

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

I just spent the weekend with my boys and DIL too along with other family that was there for Adam's wedding -- always fun.

The beach sounds nice too!