Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Newest Bag

 Still making bags.  Plains_and_Prairie has put out a new pattern (get it on Etsy) for a crossbody bag.  Just had to make one.  I barely had enough of the last little quilt I cut up, to make one more bag.

It's a fun little bag with two outside pockets.


I've since changed out the black canvas strap for leather, and yes, I realize I put the one of the zippers going the wrong direction.  Guess that means I'll need to make another one, ha!

Seriously, I do want to make at least two more.  Have them as gifts in mind. I've gifted five of the bags I previously made. They seem to make great gifts.  They are definitely one of a kind bags. I do love making things.

By the way, I wanted to post my latest one block wonder quilt.  It is the the fall issue of McCall's Quilting.
It's been four years since I had a quit published so I am excited about it.  I love the quilt and now have it hanging in my quilting/craft room.

It is made using the One Block Wonder process on six of these panels.

We had the little ones here for ten days and boy was it wild and fun.  Not without a few arguments though but such is life.  I pray they remember their times here with Mamaw and Papaw.  After reading JD Vance's book Hillbilly Elegy, I have a new understanding of the value of grandparents in a child's life. Jim and I also watched the movie on Netflix.  A lot of language, beware, but it was the way his Mamaw talked, and others in his life. Still his mamaw was a decidedly good influence in a turbulent world he grew up in.

Excited for fall around here.  We are still having trouble with our upstairs split unit, still waiting on an estimate for some deck work, and I'm still waiting on another business to complete something I've paid for.  I've been very disheartened lately with some business people.  It seems they don't return calls timely, blow off your concerns, and just aren't people of integrity like in the past. Makes me sad.

But I have so much to be thankful for, and these two are some of those blessings.....














No comments: