Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Snowstorm of 2024

 We finally got a good snow!  And in good, I mean about 8-9" The most I've seen since the famous blizzard of 1993.  So I've been stuck inside for the last couple of days, and it looks like at least one more as the temps are not above 23 today, and expected to stay below freezing for a few more days.

Puzzle, our golden retriever, LOVED the snow!!





Me, not so much.  But, the good thing about being stuck at home is I have more time to sew!  I looked at my scraps and potential baby quilt ideas and came up with a cute traditional design using pinks and oranges, a favorite color combo.  Starting cutting on Sunday. I love it.



This is for the new granddaughter of a dear friend of mine.  I hope she likes it!  This will be the second finish of the year for me.  I did the lion quilt for our Church's Music Director. He is expecting his second grandson. It is an Elizabeth Hartman design.  The second lion I've made.  Really, it isn't difficult.  The cutting takes longer than the sewing.

   

Back to sewing working on this one.  Maybe I'll finish it in 2024.  :)


2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your scrappy pink and orange quilt! Those colors look spectacular together. The lion quilt is adorable.
Enjoy your sew/snow time - that is a lot of snow.

Rachel said...

Thank you! I really love pinks and oranges together!