Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 is coming to a close...

 I normally do goals for the coming year.  I noticed last year I didn't but it was so busy at our home with the kids living here.  I continued quilting, a little painting, a little wood working amidst it all.  The kids moved into their own place in May but thankfully, we still got to spend quite a bit of time with the grandchildren -- our joy! Here's most of the quilts I made in 2021...

I continued listening to audible cooks via my Audible subscription and the app I use for our local library's audible collection.  Those included:

- The Shifting Fog by Kate Morton. Good.

- The Distant Hours by Kate Morton.  All of hers are good!

- The Living Room by Robert Whitlow.  Like his too.

- The Autistic Brain by Temple Grandin. A great book to gain inside into those who are Autistic or on the Autism spectrum.

- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. 1930's book about an utopian society.  Weird.

- The Tatooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris.  True WW2 story.  Good.

- Dragonfly by Leila Meacham.  WW2 story of young talented spies.

- The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton.

- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn. Based on true network of women spies in WW2.

- Grandma Gateway's Walk by Ben Montgomery. About the first women to walk the whole appalachian trail at 67 years old in 1957.

- Partners by John Grisham.  Always like his books.

- Bleachers by John Grisham.

- Sooley by John Grisham.

- My Dear Hamilton but Stephanie Dray.  Really good historical fiction.

- The Huntress by Kate Quinn.

- The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate.

- Where the Lost Dogs Go by Susannah Charleston. This was a re-read. Sometimes I like to re-read books I've enjoyed in the past.

- Agent 355 by Marie Benedict.

- The Manatee Did it by Kay Shostask.  An author friend who grew up in the same neighborhood I did.

- The Last Christian by David Gregory. Weird.

- The Kings General by Daphne Du Maurier.

-The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.

I enjoyed all of these books.  I'm especially fond of historical fiction, but also love mysteries, true stories, and other kinds of stories.  I absolutely love being able to listen to a book while I multi task.  I am currently reading a good one I hope to finish in a day or two by Lisa Wingate, A Month of Summer.

I didn't do much wood working in 2021.  I did the board and batting project in the back hallway which was fun, put up the faux shiplap in the grand kids room, and refinished a cabinet to store quilts.










And a little painting...












No comments: