Tuesday, January 12, 2021

First Finish of 2021

 I started this before the end of 2020 but it is my first finish of 2021.  I found the pattern in one of the magazines I was recently in (one of my quilts that is).  It is an easier take on the traditional wedding ring quilt.  The curved pieces are cut and 'pieced' on the quilt using raw edge appliqué.  I am terrible about sewing curves and hoped I would't have to quilt them that way too, but alas, I did. :(  I was not happy with how it was going but continued on -- something I've learned to do -- just keeping going because almost all the time the quilt turns out fine.  I think this one did turn out fine!

Lots of crinkly goodness after a wash.....
The grandson even liked it!
Did custom quilting ,which I certainly wouldn't win any awards, but it turned out fine.

I tried to start a new paper pieced project and found a block I liked in my EQ software program.  Not sure what I was thinking....it is so difficult and there were no instructions on how to paper piece it.  If there were instructions I didn't 'get it.'  So I messed around a bit and after about two days of playing with it, only finished 1/4th of one block.  Not sure this is going to ever turn into a quilt.
I tend to try to figure things out without taking time to really read and understand the directions or in this case, the numbering system.  I thought I could make it easier, well, nope, that didn't work.


I also think I sewed the fabric to the wrong side of the paper patterns....well, it has been a few months since I did one of these, and just forgot I guess?? When you do that, they won't go together like the picture I soon learned. Oh well, I do have four memory lap quilts to make so I think I'll spend some time looking at patterns.....


No comments: