Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Construction Update

Well, it is really coming along.  The brick has started, the tile work has started, the primer paint is on, the ceilings are painted.  Interior doors and trim coming on Monday, dirt/gravel guy coming next week, and I think shakes and soffits are also coming either later this week or next.  Cabinets may be next week too.  Oh my!
Screened porch
 Back side of master bedroom
 Laundry room (has an entrance from hallway and also one from master closet -smart!)
 Hall bathroom
 Master bathroom - tub and separate shower
Inside walls primed, ceilings sprayed
I did discover something, but I am glad I saw it before it was too late for a return.  I had ordered two mirrors from Kirklands (great sale price of $34 for these 31"x43.5" mirrors), and had not opened them since picking them up a few weeks ago.  I kept thinking I should open them up....well, one was broken.  However they were great when I called and have ordered me a replacement.
We've also been working really hard doing some things around our current home, getting it ready to put on the market to sell. Power washed and sealed the deck, replaced some light fixtures, and have started packing up some rarely used things.
I've also had a chance to get some sewing done. This is the cutest quilt....it will be a special gift.  You ever make something and just KNOW the recipient is going to love it?  That's how I feel about this one....my machine behaved perfectly on the quilting too. That's always a bonus.
I realized recently that I haven't seen my grand babies since the second week in February.  This is the longest I've gone without seeing them.  :(  I miss them so.  I need a visit!

Thanks for stopping by,
Rachel

No comments: