Saturday, March 17, 2018

Remembrance Quilt Status

I am making a remembrance quilt for a friend who lost her husband a few months ago.  Wonderful couple who were married around 50 years.  I wanted something really special for her. I hope she likes it. I think it is coming along nicely.  I found the pattern in a book I owned.

She gave me 12 shirts.  Four were what I'd consider lights, and the rest I used for darks.
I have plans to put a couple of 2" borders using the leftover dark shirt pieces.
                
Stay tuned for the finish, hopefully next weekend.

2 comments:

Jan said...

I really love how it's turning out! I'm still hoarding my late husband's shirts, keeping them for grandchildren's quilts. I'm sure the recipient will be tickled!

Rachel said...

Thank you. I'm very happy with the pattern and how it turned out. Hope to get it quilted soon.