Friday, September 6, 2013

JOY

Have you ever felt such joy in your heart that you had spontaneous laughter and tears? I've felt that only twice -- 1) last year after the doctor called and said there was no more cancer, and 2) today, driving home from Louisville thinking about my sweet granddaughter, Emma. I saw her today.....

All of us thought she was going to be a "he" so we were floored when the tech showed us her girly parts. I had been hoping for a girl so I could learn to smock, and sew those cute little outfits and dresses...and just because....

Look at those little feet crossed......

The profile, and the tiny elbow and hand....I teased them that her elbow looked like her daddy's, actually I was serious....lol

I am in love.....

Of course on the way home I had to go shopping......

And I've got to figure out a very special quilt to make for our very special little Emma. So blessed, so, so blessed.

 

No comments: