Sunday, August 29, 2010

Homemade Oxygen Bleach

My husband wears dress shirts to work.  I have had a difficult time always being able to get out the "ring around the collar" on them.  He also has some bad stains on the necks of some of his t-shirts (we think from the sunscreen he wears when he fishes).  I found a recipe for homemade oxygen bleach.  As I write this I have 3 white dress shirts and one white t-shirt soaking.  I read it may take up to a whole day to get rid of the stain.

For a laundry tub or large bucket: Pour a small box of baking soda in  and add hot water.  Mix to dissolve; add 400ml of hydrogen peroxide; and more water and the stained clothes.  Soak over night or longer Check periodically and stir them.

For a spray bottle: One cup of hot water, (distilled is best), half a cup of baking soda, half cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Spray on stains before laundering; spray on vegetables and fruits to keep them fresh longer; can be used on grout, lawn furniture and anything else that needs to be whitened, brightened, or sanitized.

**NEVER mix vinegar with this!

It is safe and natural......(I'll let you know how it worked on the shirts!)

No comments: